martedì 19 dicembre 2017

Malerba


Since the past 4 months I have the privilege to collaborate at the Politecnico di Milano with Prof. Pier Giorgio Malerba, serving as teaching assistant for the course of Bridge Theory and Design. The course, taken by second year Master of Science students in Civil and Transportation Engineer, is one of the few that require as partial fulfillment a compulsory final project.
The project focuses on the structural design of a prestressed concrete box girder bridge and I assisted 5 teams of 7-8 students over the entire Fall Semester. My teams did an excellent job: we finished the last revision yesterday and I am looking forward to them delivering the projects and taking the final exam in January and February.
For me it was an exciting experience which fits perfectly with my current job as a Programme Officer in the European Commission and specifically in the Sustainable Transport Unit of the Joint Research Centre.  










Nessun commento:

Posta un commento